Thursday, January 30, 2014

On the Upswing?


I am always insecure with my health care progress. I do acknowledge what progress I've made, but I can never feel like I'm ready for the big celebration. I did get over a giant hurdle though, which is worth mentioning. I did get another doctor to agree with me regarding a return visit and further testing. I will be returning to the clinic soon and I hope I get answers. 

I am trying to coordinate with my doctors for several weeks now. I have these moments of uncertainty because when a few things seem to be going well, then there will be some sort of hold up. I usually hear back from my doctors immediately, but some days I won't hear back for days (which is like months in the Mayo world). I try not to read into it too much. All I can do is continue my research and prepare for my trip out. 

I was able to breathe a big sigh of relief though. Many people never get this chance and I am very grateful that I do have this opportunity. 

So to my dad... I know you don't read this because you don't understand the "interweb" and blogging, but thank you for helping me out with my medical costs. I know you don't understand the medical world either, but I hope one day you'll understand (somewhat) why going to Mayo (again) was necessary. 



3 comments:

  1. I hope you can finally get a correct diagnosis and start to feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am glad I found your blog. I am looking forward to your dogs adventures.

      Delete
  2. Thank you. I am glad I found your blog. I am looking forward to your dog's adventures.

    ReplyDelete