Thursday, January 23, 2014

This Wonderful Thing Called Postcrossing...


I found Postcrossing a few years ago. I was a little hesitant at first because I didn't want complete strangers to have my home address, but it's worth the risk (and you can always get a P.O. Box if you are really concerned). Actually, most people you get assigned are several thousand miles away. I wish I had more money to send more cards to people. Postage sure adds up quickly, but knowing my card made someone's day is well worth the money spent. 


I did it for a while and received postcards from around the world. Some people told me about their lives, while others just said hello. I decided to activate my account again and am excited to see what cards come in the mail. 



I recommend trying it if you like snail mail. You don't have to meet a certain quota. If you decide to stop for a while, your account automatically becomes inactive, but you can always go back at any time and reactivate it. And I didn't have many people who didn't send me cards, nor did I have many of my cards that got lost in the mail (maybe one or two).



It's free to join, so check it out!









3 comments:

  1. That's so lovely! I was using another site for snail mail penpals. But this site seems so useful. Thanks for sharing it! There is nothing better than real letters with real handwriting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is something we should never get rid of. I love snail mail.

      Delete
  2. Yes, it is something we should never get rid of. I love snail mail.

    ReplyDelete