Friday, February 21, 2014

Hair Donation to Angel Hair and Other Good Deeds

I've donated my hair to Locks of Love many times and Wigs for Kids once, but this time my stylist suggested that I donate to Angel Hair. It's a local company, so I feel good about donating to them. I had 12 inches cut off. She styled it, but I doubt I'll do that... 

It will probably look more like this on a day to day basis:


**********************************************

I also packaged up the cookies nicely and made one recipient cards, envelopes and inspirational tile cards. I have several Yogi Tea quotes on my board and thought she could make her own wall of inspirational quotes. I forgot to take a picture of the cards and envelopes.




I think everyone liked the gifts, but it's the thought that counts, right? I feel really good about it.  :)  Happy Friday!!



16 comments:

  1. What a gift to donate your locks! The new style looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great that you donate your hair! I think the new cut looks really nice on you, too. And what cute packaging on the cookies!

    http://howtomakehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi! nice to connect with you again. i think it's great that you donate your hair. i have a hard time growing my hair. when it reaches my upper back, it gets so straggly. love your cookie wrappings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it is nice to connect back up. I'm glad you've kept on blogging. Thanks for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it feels good to donate to a good cause and those cookies in the adorable package they will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks fantastic! I'm so glad you donated, what a worthy cause!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so kind and sweet to donate your hair! The cookies look great too. I love how you've packaged them

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww you are sooo sweet! I'm starting to really love the down to earth attitude of your blog and ultimately, your genuine personality. :D Those cookies look so cute like that...and as for giving, I've volunteered and given things in many other ways, but I have yet to donate my hair! Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so awesome! I've never donated my hair, but I've always wanted to. My hair grows pretty fast, but I haven't done the research to see what the minimum length is for donating. You wrapped the gifts so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! Usually the minimum is 10 inches but some places like Angel Hair is 12 inches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so sweet of you!! Your hair looks fantastic! I like it styled both ways. c:
    Inspirational quotes always cheer up my day. c:

    <3
    Harlynn
    mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete