Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Twins Separated at Birth




Samantha and Anaïs were both adopted from Korea and by chance, Anaïs found Samantha online via YouTube (with the help of a friend).  You can find more of their story here, or just look up their names. 

I think this is quite fascinating. I have done one genetic test because of my ongoing medical mystery, but I am also interested in finding anyone who is related to me. I was also adopted from Korea and although I don't think I have a twin, maybe there is a long lost sister or brother that I have yet to meet. I would like to visit Korea, but am still on the fence about locating (or trying to locate) my birth parents. 

I hope genetics do advance in the coming years. Not only will it help medically, but it will also unite many people. I think we should be more open to it. 


4 comments:

  1. I think this story is so neat! I am also an advocate for genetic testing- really, any scientific advances. I think any way to help learn more about the human body and can help prevent diseases and cancer is a great idea in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't know why we're so behind on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing achievement!
    I'm sure you'll find your birth parents. c:
    It does take time which does suck!


    <3
    Harlynn
    mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I think some day I'll put in the effort to do a full search. It would be nice to know if I had a half sibling.

    ReplyDelete