Saturday, March 29, 2014

Tillamook Ice Cream,Training Updates and Frozen

I was reading the latest Portland Monthly and they had an ad for these Tillabars from Tillamook ice cream. Where can I get these?! There are 4 flavors; Salted Caramel Swirl, Lemonilla, Mooocha Latte and Old Fashioned Vanilla. They are a little expensive (suggested retail $4.99 for a box of 3 bars), but I still want to try them.

If you are near Oregon or visiting, you have to make sure you go to the Tillamook Cheese Factory. There's a self-guided tour and samples and a place to eat lunch and/or ice cream. I haven't been there for a while, but it is something to do if you are in the area.

Kamana and I had to take a break from our training this week because I had a lot of other things to do and I'm afraid we'll have to take another extended break next week. I really hope this doesn't mean that he won't be able to participate in the Doggie Dash. I have a surgical procedure this week, so that's why I will have to take another break from it. I wish doctors would be able to group things together so you don't have to have a million blood draws, scans and procedures. 

We bought Frozen, so I am going to watch it this weekend. I'm sure everyone else has seen it already. We have been meaning to see it because we know someone who worked on the music. Well and it has rave reviews, so we've planned on seeing it because of that too. 

I hope you're enjoying your weekend. 







2 comments:

  1. Lauren, may God bless this procedure and help you heal quickly! You're so brave for your attitude of accepting your circumstances and getting through them. :) Also, I would love to visit Oregon someday!!!!! I can't wait to ride a nice train ride up north--looking at the beautiful scenery. At least, that's what Greg and my friend who's from there tell me all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you so much, Ellie. You should come up to Oregon (mid-summer and fall are the best times). I think it's called the Coast Starlight.. that's the Amtrak train you want to take for most of the route. It's the nicest one. It is a nice ride if you have the time... otherwise, flying is the best way to get up here.

    ReplyDelete