Thursday, March 6, 2014

Week in Review in Photos

**Please do not use these without permission**

This was the view over Chicago. Why we have to fly past Minneapolis is still a mystery to me, but we did. Why isn't there a direct flight from Portland, OR to Minneapolis?

Flying into Chicago (ORD)

The snow piles and view outside the hotel window. Don't let the sun deceive you; it's bitterly cold out there.

Winter in MN

Barnes and Noble close to the clinic. It was a former vaudeville theater and they kept a lot of the original architecture in the bookstore.

Barnes and Noble

There's a lot of art within the clinic. This is in the children's wing (they have the best art up there). But it really helps make it less of a hospital/clinic feel.

Art within Mayo Clinic

The following pictures are from Mall of America. Since we had time to kill before our flight back, we decided to go over to the mall. I wish they had more unique stores (unique to the area), but they do have the Lego store! They have a wall of every Lego piece that you can imagine and you buy them like you buy frozen yogurt.

Wall of Legos

Another view of the Lego wall

Just like at the frozen yogurt shop!

There are a lot of these structures (couldn't capture all of them). They're all made out of Legos.

Lastly, a photo from the air when we got back to Oregon. I've seen these mountains probably hundreds of times, but it was a clear day and how often do you get to take aerial shots?!

Mt. Hood

I hope you're having a good Thursday. No big weekend plans (other than taking Kamana to the vet for the millionth time). Sadly, I think we are both competing for the one who has the most ailments and health problems. 

What are your weekend plans?


7 comments:

  1. That B&N store loos awesome! As does the lego wall! Weekend plans- just a brunch with friends on Saturday! The rest will be chores and relaxing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lego wall is awesome!!
    The picture of the flight looks beautiful. c:
    I'm just going to sit lonely this weekend and throw a pity party as usual. XD


    <3
    Harlynn
    mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to see it in person. It's quite a sight to see. I think you'll have a good weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I have never visited any of these places before. I have a few blogging friends in Chicago and I hear it's so very cold up there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am like the flight crew; I view/see cities through airports. I think we are all looking forward to the warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There used to be a direct flight when NWA was still alive. Did you have a good weekend? Glad you made it home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see. I did have a decent weekend, but wish we didn't do daylight saving time anymore! So hard to adjust.

    ReplyDelete