Sunday, March 23, 2014

Weekend Update

I took a break from training with Kamana this weekend, so we didn't add to our week total. So the grand total for last week is 11.5 miles.

I finally saw the movie Gravity (in 3D) and I'll admit, I wasn't as impressed as I thought I was going to be. The work they did and the special effects are amazing. I just wish they took a little more advantage of the 3D platform. I won't say too much in case you haven't seen it. 

Note to Lowes and other hardware stores: Don't tell me the self install toilet kit is easy because it is not. It was very complicated! The pictures didn't make sense and the directions were incomplete. The IKEA instructions are easier to follow than these ones. And I really didn't want to call the cigarette smoking, whiskey drinking handyman. He smells like he lives in a bar. And he's weird. 

Other than that, I did some cleaning and laundry. And bought more stuff online. :) 

How was your weekend?




6 comments:

  1. Eek, weird, cigarette smoking, whiskey drinking handymen!
    I haven't seen Gravity yet, but it's one of those movies I would still like to see.
    My weekend was ok, I had to work on Saturday and I had to study on Sunday. BUT, I made a delicious smoothie AND watched some of my favourite tv-series :)
    Have a lovely week!

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love your comments about the toilet! I haven't seen Gravity. My husband saw it with a buddy in theaters and loved it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i haven't see the movie and probably won't until it comes out on DVD or netflix...so i'll miss the 3-D. i love 3-D but refuse to pay the extra $4-5 dollars at the theaters!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I didn't have to call the handyman. He's gross. I think you should still see Gravity. I think you'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suppose it's easier to do the second time around? This was the first time I've had to replace it.


    The overall build up and hype that surrounded the movie made my expectations of it much higher. It was a good movie though. I think you should see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it's so expensive. We went to the matinee just to offset some of the costs. But still, very expensive.

    ReplyDelete