Thursday, April 10, 2014

Finally, an Update

I know it's been a while since my last post, but the recovery period was much longer than I had anticipated. So I did my salivary gland biopsy, or as some people call it, a lip biopsy. Basically they make a small cut under your lip, inside your mouth and remove several salivary glands. They numb you and everything, so it's not that painful, but it does make you a little squeamish because you are awake and can't really look away. Anyway, I survived and am still recovering. I don't heal very well (maybe a key part to figuring this whole thing out). I did get the biopsy results back and it was "not conclusive with Sjogren's syndrome", meaning it is negative. I would say that's good and bad because no one really wants Sjogren's, but bad because I still do not have a diagnosis. This is not a setback for me. I do have an idea of what to do next, so we'll keep on going. 

I was expecting boring mail today, but to my surprise, this was in my mailbox! Thank you soooooo much, Krista!!!! I also got a nice letter from one of my penpals too. And a medical bill, but we won't discuss that.

I tried eating a salmon burger yesterday and I only finished half of it because I was too tired of chewing, or attempting to chew. I've basically been on a soft foods only diet, meaning I have had yogurt, applesauce and smoothies for the last week and half. At least there are a lot of different flavors/kinds of smoothies and yogurts.

We've been having very nice weather here. :) I have to point that out because we are usually stuck with long, rainy days in the spring and we actually have some sun! I really want to plant some basil so I can make pesto sauce. It seems more economical to grow it yourself than buy it at the store. 


What are you looking forward to this spring?




5 comments:

  1. Glad to read that you are okay. I've never heard of Sjogren's syndrome but the biopsy sounds very painful.

    Mmm, I could live of yogurt and smoothies :) Although not for ever.

    We're having pretty good weather too here. It got a little coulder since last week, but as long as the sun is shining and it's not raining, I won't complain!

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're ok. Spring has hit here - at least this week, but it looks like next week will be cold with some possible snow :( Bummer about the soft diet - I think I'd eat lots of ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you don't have Sjogren's!! You deserve results though.
    After mailing you I got your letter the next day XD, so I mailed you back today. Hehe.
    If you make home-made sauce you best bring me some!!! ;p

    <3
    Harlynn
    mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I am glad too. I hope they find out what it is though. I mean ruling out is progress, but doesn't seem like much of a success when you still do not have answers.


    I look forward to getting your letter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. good to hear it was negative for Sjogrens. our weather has been rainy off and on...today it's SUPER HOT! lol.

    ReplyDelete