Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Doggie Dash, Health and the Heat Wave

The Doggie Dash was a lot of fun. I am sad that my dog wasn't able to participate, but he doesn't know the difference. I was able to get him a lot of treats from the vendors. I think I got a weeks worth of food for him in samples. 

This is the cutest picture I captured: 

I was trying to get more photos, but it was hard to walk and shoot at the same time. The Humane Society was trying to beat the world record of "most costumed dogs in one location". I don't know if we beat the record. 

I did my follow up with my rheumatologist and although she did not have answers, she said she would help me with whatever referrals I needed. So at least she has my back. I have to see my primary again tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be moving right along with everything. But Sjogren's has been completely ruled out. 

Yesterday we were in the mid 8os and today we'll be close to 90 degrees. We'll have another hot day tomorrow and then go back to our normal mid-60s. It's not a really nice heat... really muggy and humid. I hope it's nice wherever you are and remember to wear sunscreen!




5 comments:

  1. i've always wanted to do a doggie walk, but i'm not sure how social my husky would be...especially with all the little dogs. it's been rainy, but very humid here, too. lots of vog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great experience though... dog people are so nice to each other (well in this setting). Yeah I think the little dogs tend to annoy the bigger dogs, but they usually get ignored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dog is so cute! Looks like a fun event.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pup picture!! ^_^
    It's getting hotter over here too.
    Hope the summer isn't too bad. D:
    <3
    Harlynn
    mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete